Saturday 7 January 2012

Something kinda different - Blenheim sunset - moss-eye-view with 50mm f/1.8

Two friends and I took Ses and the Bee to Blenheim yesterday afternoon, and we arrived just in time to catch the last twenty minutes of winter sun.  As we reached the bridge over the lake, the sun was close to disappearing, and leaning over the side of the bridge to catch some pretty unexciting shots of the lake, I noticed the beautiful moss and lichen that grows all over the concrete.  I'd brought only my new 50mm f/1.8 lens (this is my second post about using this lens - see my first post here), determined to give it a go, and it was perfect for the job - shallow depth of field in low light - beautiful.  I love how these pictures of the sunset over the lake have come out - very other-worldly - some of them look more like a duney desert landscape - and they're definitely not your usual Blenheim snaps.  It felt so good to have a chance to play, as in recent times I've been focused on creating images more for clients rather than just for myself and much creative energy gets absorbed playing mum to the Bee (both things I love doing mind you).  A moss-eye-view on the Blenheim lake sunset...










http://www.mimsaxl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment